It’s time to admit it: the scary future where hackers can access your personal data and even attack the mightiest corporations in the world is now a reality. Even if you’re just another regular user minding his/her own business, your phone is still a target. True, desktop PCs are under more pressure, but mobile gadgets are also within the scope. Today we’ll help you find the best VPN for Android that will create a brick wall against the hackers and the government agencies.
Aside from protecting our personal data, they also come with hefty tricks that allow us to get access to otherwise blocked/restricted websites (Netflix or Facebook, for example). But which one is the best VPN app for Android? Let’s start our search for the finest VPN for Android. We’ll review both commercial and free VPNs, giving you the widest possible range of options to choose from.
- 1.The Best VPN For Android – Our List
- 2.#1. Express VPN – Arguably The Greatest VPN On The Planet
- 3.#2. NordVPN – The Most Secure And Private VPN For Android
- 4.#3. IPVanish – The Best VPN For Android In Terms Of Speed
- 5.#4. VyprVPN – Fast, Secure, But Not 100% Private
- 6.#5. F-Secure Freedome – Works Flawlessly On Android Devices
- 7.#6. Tunnel Bear – It’s Free!
The Best VPN For Android – Our List
#1. Express VPN – Arguably The Greatest VPN On The Planet
- The VPN app for Android is very user-friendly, which is not always the case with Android devices.
- A staggering number of servers to choose from.
- Access to servers in 94 countries with a single click.
- The money-back guarantee lasts for 30 days.
- Performance, speed, and privacy are top-notch.
- This VPN allows you to watch Netflix without any hassle.
- Might as well be the best VPN for Android.
- Even with the 15-months package, ExpressVPN is still expensive.
- Despite the steep price, there aren’t that many options and features available.
- For some reason, you can’t protect 5 devices (only 3 at a time).
This is one of the most popular and recognized services out there. The VPN client for Android is extremely easy-to-use and user-friendly. The advanced AES 256-bit encryption protocol will protect your device from even the mightiest attacks. Performance and speed are top-notch. The company has been working on its VPN for Android phone for years, perfecting every single detail. You are free to choose between servers in 94 countries and connect to any of them with your phone/tablet.
True, this isn’t the most affordable VPN in the world, but if you value your privacy, it’s well worth it.
- The basic 1-month plan is pretty steep: $12.95.
- The 6-months plan, in turn, is much more affordable and will cost $9.99 a month (60 dollars in total).
- The best package is the 15-months deal. With it, you’ll have to pay $6.67 a month (100 dollars in total). And, you’ll get 3 months of protection for free!
#2. NordVPN – The Most Secure And Private VPN For Android
- The Double Encryption protocol helps you sleep better at night.
- 2800 servers in 60 countries.
- Performance is solid.
- You can protect up to 6 devices.
- If you go with the yearly plans, the price will drop significantly.
- The VPN for Android is incredibly secure and private.
- The 3-day free trial is a nice touch.
- They accept Bitcoins.
- Sometimes, the connection speed is slow.
- Not the best customer support on the market.
- The VPN for Android lacks features and configuration options.
The Double VPN technology is a God-sent for those that put their security first. It channels your active connection through not 1, but 2 servers, making it almost impossible for anyone to notice your activity. People with sensitive data on their phones claim that Nord is the best VPN for Android; they’ve got a huge point. This VPN doesn’t really have any significant downsides. However, it’s important to stress that the VPN client for Android is very…basic and lags behind the leaders of the race.
The 24/7 live chat is great. Plus, Nord offers a free three-day trial. Performance is solid but not exceptional.
- The most expensive package is the 1-month deal: it costs $11.95.
- The 1-year plan, in turn, is much more reasonable. For $5.75 a month (70 dollars in total), your device will be protected all-year-long.
- Then there’s the 2-year plan, the most popular choice among the users. For $3.29 per month (80 dollars in total), you get one of the sweetest deals.
- The 4th package is the 3-year plan. It costs $2.75 a month (100 dollars in total). For this generous offer, many reviewers call it the best VPN app for Android.
#3. IPVanish – The Best VPN For Android In Terms Of Speed
- For the fans of incredible performance, this is the best VPN for Android.
- 24/7 customer support is lovely.
- IPVanish is capable of protecting up to 5 phones/tablets/other devices at the same time.
- Despite the fact that this is a US-based company, the No-Logs policy applies.
- The aforementioned laws of the United States won’t let you enjoy this VPN to the fullest.
- The 7-day MBG is an unpleasant surprise. Still, it gives you enough time to figure out whether it’s worth your while or not.
- Might be a bit cheaper.
This is another famous VPN with an impressive performance. Too bad it lacks Kill Switch, but that’s not critical. Thanks to its own, unique technology, the download speed is better than in most Virtual Private Networks. Add the AES encryption, amazing 24/7 support, and OpenVPN, and you’ll get a worthy contestant for the title of the best VPN for Android. IPVanish is located in the United States, which means the US laws concerning online privacy will apply.
- The standard 1-month subscription will cost $10 sharp.
- The second package is for 3 months, dropping the price to $8.99 per month (27 dollars in total).
- The 1-year plan will save you even more money. The monthly charge is $6.49 (78 dollars in total).
#4. VyprVPN – Fast, Secure, But Not 100% Private
- No government laws will affect your privacy.
- Premium isn’t cheap. But with the 12-months plan, it becomes affordable.
- The VPN app for Android is well-optimized and easy-to-use.
- Performance is on par with the leaders.
- The Premium package is still more expensive than most top-tier plans out there.
- Connection logs are kept by the company for an entire month.
- In some corners of the planet, the connection speed is horrible.
This is one of those VPNs that own every single server, which means no third-parties are involved. Besides, it’s based in Switzerland – the government won’t be able to get access to your private data. Plus, it comes with one of the best VPN apps for Android. Vypr is fast and reliable. Add the Chameleon protocol, and you’ll get one of the most secure VPN services out there. Vypr does keep “mild” logs: those include IP addresses and connection times. That’s not a crime, obviously, but if you’re an extremely private person, this VPN app for Android won’t be #1 on your list.
On the other hand, it is free for the first 3 days.
- The standard package is called “Basic.” For $9.95 a month, you’ll be able to protect 3 devices. The 1-year-long subscription is a lot more attractive ($5 per month; 60 dollars in total).
- The next tier is the Premium plan. The Chameleon protocol is available; up to 5 devices will be protected. The monthly plan is quite expensive – $12.95. If you want to pay less, subscribe to the yearly plan and pay only $6.67 per month (80 dollars in total). That’s it for the packages of this VPN for Android.
#5. F-Secure Freedome – Works Flawlessly On Android Devices
- The free 5-day trial is perfect for a test-drive.
- Without a doubt, this is one of the most user-friendly VPNs in history.
- Might just be the best VPN app for Android.
- The virus scanner is a great feature.
- It is pretty cheap.
- A 30-day MBG is included.
- The limited number of servers is a huge turn-off.
- Not enough customization options.
- No monthly plans.
This is one of the new players on the field but comes with one of the best VPN apps for Android, if not THE best. It looks cool and can be activated with just one press of a button. Usability is Freedome’s biggest selling point. But the list of available configurations is not at all impressive. Most of the servers are in the States and Europe, which means the connection speed will be low elsewhere.
Unlike the rest of the VPN services, this one doesn’t offer a monthly subscription. Instead, you are forced to pick between how many devices you want to protect.
- The standard package will cost you $4.17 a month (50 dollars in total). With it, you’ll be able to protect 3 devices (which already makes it the best VPN app for Android for the beginners).
- The next package is a bit pricier: $5 per month (60 dollars in total). This is the most popular plan and protects up to 5 devices.
- And finally, if you’ve got 7 phones/devices that need protection, you’ll be charged $6.67 (80 dollars in total).
#6. Tunnel Bear – It’s Free!
- The Android app looks trendy and is very simple.
- The free plan with 500MB will serve you with pride and honor.
- On short distances, performance is worth the highest praise.
- AES 256-bit encryption is included.
- For the regular users, this is the best VPN app for Android (because it’s free and friendly).
- As mentioned above, long-distance connections can be frustratingly slow.
Tunnel Bear is the most popular, user-friendly, and simply the best free VPN for Android. The balance between security, privacy, and “friendliness” is amazing. The free version does have a harsh limit on monthly data, but if you don’t need protection all the time, 500MB a month might just be enough. As for the app, it is very simple; still, it comes with impressive features including Kill Switch. On distant locations, prepare for some drops in speed (not critical, though).
If you’re new to this and are looking for a free VPN for Android phone, Tunnel Bear is just what the doctor ordered.