There’s no denying the fact that iPhones and iPads are a huge part of our lives. They are fast, reliable, and trendy, not to mention versatile. Apple is spending huge amounts of resources on making their gadgets secure and stable, but even they can’t guarantee your privacy. That is exactly why you need a VPN for iOS: it will keep your phone/tablet from harm’s way and allow you to access otherwise blocked (AKA geo-restricted) content. Security breaches are happening all around us, and without a top VPN for iOS, you’re putting your sensitive data at great risk. Thankfully, this technology is pretty cheap and there are some great VPNs out there.
Top-5 VPN Services for iOS
The Best VPN For iOS – Our List
#1. NordVPN – The Most Secure Option
- The combination of Double and AES 256-bit Encryption is like a brick wall.
- 4080 servers around the globe.
- Zero-Logs policy.
- With NordVPN, you’ll be able to protect 6 devices simultaneously.
- The VPN is secure, private, and versatile.
- A free trial is included.
- Kill Switch is available.
- The monthly plan is unfairly expensive.
This is one of the big players in the industry. Nord has been around for quite a while now and has a strong fan base, along with a perfect reputation. The iOS app looks great and works flawlessly. The interface is friendly and smart: everything is right there on the main screen. Performance is solid, and there are plenty of servers to choose from. If you’re worried about security, don’t be, because the 256-bit encryption will guard your files with its life. And if that’s not enough for you, double-data encryption will make sure nothing gets through. In many regards, this is the best VPN for iOS.
The monthly package is a bit too expensive for comfort, but if you commit for 1 or 2 years, the price will drop significantly, turning Nord into an affordable VPN.
- For $11.95, you’ll be able to protect your device for 1 full month.
- Ready to commit? Then go for the 1-year package – it’s more reasonable. For just $5.75 per month (that’s 70 dollars for the whole package), you’ll get protection for 365 days.
- The 2-year package, in turn, is considered to be the best offer. The monthly charge is only $3.29 (80 dollars for the package).
#2. ExpressVPN – The Finest VPN Of Them All
- The app is pretty much perfect. We didn’t find any flaws during our review. Plus, it officially offers a VPN for iOS 7, which is a rare thing.
- The number of available servers will impress you (they are located in 94 countries, by the way).
- The MBG (money-back guarantee) gives you 30 days to take this VPN for a spin.
- Performance, privacy, and reliability are industry-leading.
- Forget about the Netflix blocks.
- This is still the most expensive VPN in the world.
- Could’ve had more features and settings.
- Only provides simultaneous protection for 3 devices.
Even though most reviewers would call ExpressVPN the best VPN for iOS, we do believe that Nord offers a better deal. Still, this company is one of the obvious leaders. It’s fast, reliable, gives you instant access to restricted websites, and more. As for the dedicated iOS app, it’s incredibly friendly, easy-to-install, and looks great. All you need to do to activate ExpressVPN is to tap once. With it, you’ll get 24/7 support, the no-logs policy, and Smart server selection. The bottom line: if you’ve been looking for the finest VPN for iOS, it doesn’t get better than this one.
However, this is an expensive VPN and the prices might be a big turn-off for you. Thankfully, the yearly plan does drop the cost significantly, not to say dramatically.
- Like I said: the 1-month package is very expensive: $12.95.
- The second tear will protect your device for 6 months. With it, you will be charged $9.99 per month (that’s 60 dollars for the whole package).
- The third subscription plan is a crowd-pleaser. It drops the monthly fee to $6.67 (100 dollars for the package). As a bonus, you’ll get 3 additional months for free.
#3. IPVanish – Fast, Strong, And Affordable
- This VPN will simultaneously protect up to 5 devices.
- Excellent performance.
- Zero-Logs policy.
- 1000+ servers; 40K IP addresses.
- No free trial.
- The MBG lasts only for 7 days.
- While not the most expensive, it’s also not the cheapest offer on the market.
- Doesn’t have a VPN for iOS 7 or lower.
Now let’s see whether one of the following plans will fit your budget or not. They are a bit pricey but more affordable than, say, ExpressVPN.
- The most basic 1-month-long plan will charge you $10.
- If that’s not good enough for you, check out the 3-months plan. With it, the monthly price is reduced to $8.99 (that’s 27 dollars for the whole package).
- As always, commitment to the 1-year plan will get you the best deal. For a month, that will be $6.49 (78 dollars for the whole thing).
#4. VyprVPN – The Fastest VPN For iOS Devices
- The fastest VPN service
- You are able to use more than 1 IP address for your connections.
- The app is optimized, balanced, and again, fast.
- Works flawlessly on iPads.
- Despite the Zero-Logs policy, the company does log some information (nothing critical, though).
- You won’t get any refunds.
There have been some reports that Vypr isn’t really that fast, but our tests proved once again that it is, indeed, quite impressive when it comes to the connection speed. In other words, this is the fastest VPN for iOS, period. This company owns every single server that it connects you too, which is partially why performance is so good. If you’re tired of the confusingly slow VPNs, make sure to give this service a chance. Unfortunately, Vypr doesn’t support the older versions of the OS. There is no Vypr VPN for iOS 6, 7, or 8: official support starts with iOS 9. But if you’re a lucky owner of a brand-new iPhone, you’ll enjoy everything that it has to offer.
As for the plans, you’ve got two to choose from: Basic and Premium. There are no refunds; so, don’t miss your chance to take advantage of the three-days trial.
- The Basic tier is nothing special. It will allow you to protect 3 gadgets for $9.95 per month. Don’t like the price? Then choose the 12-months-long package. That will cost you $5 a month (that’s 60 dollars for the whole package)
- And what about the Premium plan? It’s capable of guarding not 3, but 5 devices at the same time. Here comes the sad part: the monthly plan is steep: $12.95. Want to pay less? Then commit to the 1-year plan and pay only $6.67 a month (80 dollars for the whole thing). With this tier, you’ll get a top VPN at your disposal.
#5. Private Internet Access – Cheap, Versatile, Straightforward
- 3000+ servers in 28 countries.
- Protection for up to 5 devices.
- Affordable, especially with the yearly plans.
- Protection is solid.
- No free trial.
- MBG is only 7-days-long.
- The privacy laws of the United States will affect your experience.
This is one of the most popular picks for iPhones and iPads. The company has a decent number of servers and locations. OpenVPN and the famous 256-bit encryption are included. However, for a better performance, the provider recommends switching to 128 bits. Probably the biggest downside of this VPN is that the headquarters are located in the United States, which means the brutal privacy laws of that country will apply. On the brighter side, PIA itself doesn’t log any data. Many users will appreciate PIA’s straightforward and easy-to-use interface.
- The monthly plan is quite affordable and will cost you $6.95.
- The year-long subscription plan cuts the initial price in half: $3.33 per month (that’s 40 dollars for the whole package).
- If you’re ready to commit, go with the 2-year plan. With this package, the VPN will charge you $2.91 for a month (70 dollars for the whole thing).