SaferVPN: When privacy is number one concern
What is SaferVPN?
This is a virtual private network from Safer Social ltd. SaferVPN allows browsing websites that are blocked in some countries while staying anonymous: the network doesn’t disclose user information and doesn’t gather data about user search and login credentials. It features over 150 servers in 37 countries and ensures quick downloading.
Overall rating of SaferVPN is pretty high: it has about 4.5 score out of 5, or 9.4 out of 10 and is enlisted in Top-10 VPN services in 2018. Users value true privacy ensured by the service, as well as fair pricing policy.
Pros and Cons
SaferVPN provides the whole gamut of advantages for the users. Still, our SaferVPN review wouldn’t be full without mentioning a few evident drawbacks as well.
- A very high speed of downloading and uploading. Minimal latency.
- It offers clients for all browsers and mobile devices.
- Optimal pricing strategy.
- Over 37 locations available with 150 servers.
- A wide range of protocols to choose from.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- A lot of payment options available.
- Simple interface and intuitive navigation.
- SaferVPN free trial period is quite short. However, it’s enough to evaluate the quality of service.
- The standard license allows only 2 simultaneous connections (devices). To increase the number of connected devices, you need to upgrade to costlier plans.
- In order to download torrents, you need a separate server.
Expert’s SaferVPN review
This professional SaferVPN review concerns the performance of the service. Users tested server speed in different countries. A couple of them could hardly establish the connection and crashed on the halfway even if they managed to start running (for instance, in Hong Kong). However, it was a rare occasion for servers of other counties, for instance, China. The speed in the US, UK and Italian servers was excellent (about 28 Mb/sec). The servers in New Zealand were a bit slower, though still shown decent loading speed. Therefore, the service stands up to the promises given by the provider.
Good news: you can download the software for almost any device and any OS. It provides clients for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, and WindowsPhone. Additionally, you can install plugins and extensions like SaferVPN Chrome and Mozilla.
Safety and Encryption
Another reason for SaferVPN download is a myriad of encryption protocols it provides: all of them serve to secure the information passed through the network, each protocol secures data in its own way. To date, the provider works with the following protocols:
- The most widespread protocol that’s preferable due to the high performance and security level.
- L2TP/IPSec. This is a reliable, but slow protocol. This is a great choice if OpenVPN or IKEv2 isn’t available for some reason. In order to function, L2TP demands a shared key or certificates.
- Point-To-Point Tunneling Protocol provides the basic level of encryption to supply users with fast downloading.
- IKEv2 is one of the most advanced protocols available. It is quick and reliable, though not supported by all platforms yet.
Pricing plans and payment methods
SaferVPN offers an agreeable pricing policy. Order the service for 3 years, and you’ll need to pay as low as $2.5 per month. Order for 2 years – pay $ 3.29/month. If you order the service for 1 year, it’ll cost $ 5.49. One month of use is worth $10.99. The provider accepts payments from PayPal, Webmoney, credit cards, Skrill, as well as Bitcoin payments – you’ll always find an optimal way.
From a security standpoint, SaferVPN is a decent company that truly cares about clients. 24/7 support via email and live chat is offered. You can email the support service and get your reply within 1.5-3 hours – this is great! The website itself also provides a lot of information, and the client support section offers a lot of technical documentation, answers the questions concerning service installation on each platform, confidentiality, and payments. Therefore, even newcomers will grasp what is what and can quickly understand the way their VPN works.
How to Use and Installing
The process of installation isn’t challenging at all. There are detailed instructions for work with every client, and you can easily figure the things out yourself. Here’s how you get the client step by step:
- The process of SaferVPN download is simple: visit the website and click to download the corresponding agent. If the security system warning pops up, simply allow the program to run.
- Follow the directions of Install Wizard and click ‘Install’.
- Click Next → Run SaferVPN →
- Double-click SaferVPN on the desktop. Type in the username and the password.
- To establish communication with a server, select the one displayed on the left part of the screen and click ‘Connect’.
- You’ll be notified as soon as you get connected to the chosen server.
The process of installation won’t take more than 5 minutes – it’s simple and fast. As for usage, it’s also a no-brainer: you just need to open the program and select a server. Additionally, you can choose the port, type of encryption, or activate emergency switch off. You can also vary settings and make the software automatically start when the computer is switched on, or when you connect to Wi-Fi.
The bottom line
In SaferVPN review, we’ve observed the features it provides and its peculiarities. All in all, it deserves the right being called one of the most well-established VPN services in the net. The company provides all basic features you need for safe browsing, and so much more. This is a great choice for those who need reliable VPN connection and rich choice of services but aren’t ready to overpay for it.
If you’re searching for a non-expensive VPN provider, SaferVPN is the way to go. The cost of service is totally justified: you get a wide range of servers at your disposal together with a few useful features. A nice alternative to leading VPN companies!