In this article, we will explain in detail how to completely remove Avast antivirus from your Mac system. Below there will be described several options that will help you to remove the antivirus without any problems.
Why uninstall Avast on Mac
Avast Mac Security is a well-known and very popular antivirus with good protection, and because the utility is free and successfully detects and removes most virus threats makes it a great option for your PC. But unfortunately, this antivirus does not always match well with Apple products and is even somewhat vulnerable to digital threats.
Over time, Apple owners realize that saving money on security is not profitable and they have to say goodbye to the Avast system and choose a commercial antivirus that can fully function with the Mac computer.
How to uninstall Avast manually
The first way on how to uninstall avast on a Mac is as follows. The good thing about Macs is that if you want to delete any apps, you have your own uninstall function. For this method of removing avast you require:
- Suspend the program that is running on your Mac:
- Find and press the “go-to” button
- Next, pick the “utility” button
- In the new tab, find the “Activity Monitor” feature and left-click on it twice
- After that, find and mark the running Avast activity in the list
- Press the “Exit” button to shut down the program
2.Start the uninstall process.
- Launch the Finder application on your Mac
- Find the “apps” button on the lefthand side of the screen and press on it
- From the “apps” folder that opens, find Avast, move it to the trash and clear it
- In Finder, go to the menu bar and find the “Go” button
- After that, select Go to the folder
- Type ~ / Library in the line and press the “back” button, then you will be redirected to the library folder
- Then search and delete all the folders associated with the Avast application.
How to uninstall Avast for Mac with the included uninstaller
The previous method is inconvenient. You still can’t completely because you can’t be able to find all the folders linked to it. This method is more reliable, because the program itself seeks for files and removes them.
To use the uninstaller, you must:
- Find and press on the installation package of the software you installed online
- Select “Uninstall Avast” and the deinstallation process will begin
- Follow the steps prompted by the uninstall master.
This method guarantees the complete removal of the antivirus from your Mac. All you have to do is:
- Install iMyMac PowerMyMac from the official website
- Run and select the uninstaller on the lefthand side of the software interface
- Scan your Mac and after the process is finished, look for Avast in the list of scanned programs
- Hit the desired program and it and all its files will be completely deleted from your computer