Generally speaking, computers running on the Windows OS are more vulnerable to attacks, not to mention they are a larger, “sweeter” target for the hackers. But that doesn’t mean that if you’re an Apple fan, security shouldn’t be a priority for you. On the contrary: while the best Antiviruses are doing a great job of fighting the viruses, when it comes to privacy, a VPN for Mac is a must-have. When the US government came up with the Internet, nobody cared about security and privacy of the users.
These days, everything’s different. In this article, we’ll try to find the best VPN for Mac and give you enough options to choose from. You can’t rely on the OS to keep you safe anymore, but, thanks to the people that came up with the concept of Virtual Private Networks, your precious data will be well-guarded. Besides, if you’re not an American citizen, you’re probably having a problem with accessing Netflix. Well, not anymore! VPNs can outsmart this service within seconds. Now, even though Macs aren’t as popular as the Win systems, there are plenty of VPNs to choose from. Without further ado, let’s start our search for the top VPN for Mac.
The Best VPN For Mac – Our List
#1 – ExpressVPN – An All-Around Amazing VPN
- The VPN app for Mac is a God-sent. Fast, user-friendly, and intuitive.
- More than 1500 servers and 148 server locations to choose from.
- You’ve got 30K IP addresses at your disposal.
- The MBG lasts for 30 days.
- Impeccable performance; the connection speed is always steady.
- In many regards, this is the best VPN for Mac.
- It’s expensive, plain and simple.
- Despite the fact that this is an incredible VPN, you can have only 3 simultaneous connections.
- Not so many settings/configurations to play around with.
You’ve probably already heard about this VPN. It is, without a doubt, the most popular and recognized service in the world. Fact: finding just the right VPN for Mac can be a challenging task. First, it needs to come with a pre-configured client. Second, the installation process has to be easy and straightforward. And you’ll get all of that with ExpressVPN. True, it might not be the cheapest offer on the market, but it certainly is worth the money. The team behind the VPN client for Mac did a fabulous job, and it runs smoothly and flawlessly. All you need to get connected is one click. In fact, this might be the best VPN service for Mac. Kill Switch and Split-Tunneling are included.
Unfortunately, the company doesn’t provide a free trial, but the 30-day MBG (Money-Back Guarantee) is there. As for the encryption protocol, the world-famous AES 256-bit encryption is the best thing you’ll ever get.
- The monthly plan costs $12.95. Again, this isn’t the most affordable VPN.
- With the 6-months package, you’ll have to pay 60 dollars ($9.99 per month).
- The 12-months deal is worth 100 dollars ($6.67 per month). Actually, it’s a 15-months package – the additional 3 months are free.
#2 – CyberGhost – Arguably The Fastest Of Them All
- 1250+ servers across the globe.
- Probably the fastest VPN for Mac.
- Zero-Logs policy.
- You can protect up to 5 devices, no matter the plan.
- The 30-day MBG is there.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
- The monthly plan is expensive.
- For some, the fact that it’s not that famous might be a deal breaker.
The VPN client for Mac is stylish and smooth.
And, as a result, it’s becoming more and more popular among regular users. This VPN for Mac is pretty impressive, and, judging by the reviews, it’s here to stay.
- The 1-month plan costs $11.99. This is the lowest tier.
- The 3-months package will charge you 30 dollars ($9.99 for a month).
- Obviously, the 1-year plan is the best bang for your buck. It will only cost you 33 dollars ($2.75 a month). To download VPN for Mac, just go to the official website and follow the simple instructions.
#3 – PureVPN – Reliable, Secure, Comes With Many Features
- Private and secure.
- P2P is included.
- The connection speed is solid and steady.
- The process of VPN download for Mac is very straightforward.
- 24/7 Customer Support is very helpful.
- Protects up to 5 devices at the same time.
- An impressive set of features.
- The 7-day MBG is definitely not on par with the 30-day MBG that the rest of the services provide.
- The VPN software for Mac doesn’t work well with the older operating systems.
- The monthly plan is not that cheap.
For the “feature junkies”, this is the best VPN for Mac. And, it is the most impressive VPN in terms of the number of countries it’s connected to. The PureVPN servers (750+ in total) are located in 114 countries. According to the official statement, no third parties are involved. Plus, they follow the no-logs policy. However, the company does log info about the bandwidth and the connections. Split Tunneling, Kill Switch, and other advanced features are included. Now, while modern-day Apple operating systems work great with PureVPN, when it comes to the older versions, it’s definitely not the best VPN client for Mac. Users report there are some serious bugs here and there.
Still, let’s take a look at the available packages and see which one fits your preference and budget best.
- For one single month of protection, the VPN will charge you $10.95.
- The 1-year plan costs 60 dollars ($4.91 for a month).
- The 2-year package is the most popular one. It will be yours for 70 dollars ($2.87 per month). This makes it the best VPN for Mac in terms of pricing.
#4 – VyprVPN – Secure, And Private; The Best VPN For Mac For The Average User
- The VPN connection for Mac (or any other OS) is fast and stable.
- The service is feature-packed and robust.
- Many users claim it has the best VPN client for Mac. We don't have anything to say against that statement.
- The HQ is in Switzerland. That means this is a very private VPN.
- Might be slow in some countries.
- The company keeps connection logs. If you’re not troubled by that, then it’s not even a con.
If a great balance between affordability, privacy, and strong encryption protocols is what you’re looking for, this service will be the top VPN for Mac for you. It’s got everything a regular user would ever need. Keep in mind, though, that if you’re a fan of movies/TV shows and want to beat that Netflix/BBC ban like the rest of us, you might not be able to do that from the first try. The company is blocking new VPNs 24/7, but you will get around it after a few tries. The VPN software for Mac is perfectly smooth. Now, even though this isn’t the fastest VPN out there, it does offer great protection and puts your privacy above everything else.
So, if online privacy is what you’re after, take a look at the available packages and pick one you like most.
- The Basic plan is not really very attractive. It costs $9.95 and will protect 3 connections at once. The yearly plan, however, might get you interested (60 dollars; $5 per month).
- The Premium package is for the elite. It will protect 5 devices of your choosing. The monthly plan is not affordable and will cost $12.95. But if you go for the 1-year plan, the price will be 80 dollars ($6.67 per month).
#5 – IPVanish – The Most Balanced VPN On The Market
- The best VPN for Mac in terms of a balanced performance.
- Every single server belongs to IPVanish.
- Allows you to protect up to 5 devices simultaneously.
- They never keep any logs.
- Excellent for torrenting.
- As mentioned, customer support is not top-class.
- The 7-day MBG is not a big crowd-pleaser. And, there is no free trial.
If you’ve been looking for the best VPN software for Mac, rejoice, because you might’ve just found it. The sleek design offers features like Kill Switch, IP Switching, and P2P. It is also surprisingly fast and reasonably priced. OpenVPN is supported. On the downside, customer support isn’t as fast and helpful as we’re used to. But, with everything said and done, IPVanish is still a good choice.
- The entry-level 1-month plan comes with a price-tag of $10.00.
- The 3-months package follows, lowering the price to 27 dollars ($8.99 a month).
- As for the 1-year package, it offers the best value and will be yours for 78 dollars ($6.49 per month).
#6 – Tunnel Bear – User-friendly And Free
- The interface is a bit childish, but still professional and focused.
- Performance is exceptional, especially for short distances.
- Probably the best VPN service for Mac.
- If you’re far from the server, the connection speed will be poor.
- Torrenting is not an option.