With the latest updates, Win 10 is doing a good job of protecting our devices and keeping our data secure. But you’ll still need a solid VPN for Windows 10 to sleep well at night. The thing is – this is the most targeted operating system in the world and hackers from all over the globe are trying to crack its code. And there are still a lot of “holes” in its defense systems. Big-time companies with billions of dollars are spending significant amounts of money on the best VPN for Windows (or any other OS) to protect their property. We should do the same.
In this article, we’ll help you find the best VPN for Windows that will be equally strong, fast, easy-to-use, and affordable. It’s no secret that Microsoft’s OS is still the most popular one and when it comes to VPN services, you won’t ever feel like there aren’t enough options to choose from. At the same time, with so many companies offering their products, it’s getting harder and harder to find the right one.
Our Guide To Choosing The Best VPN For Windows
It can be tiring, confusing, and even frustrating to sort through all the available VPNs on the market. But it is the safety of our most precious data we’re talking about, and that means it’s vital to understand what turns an average VPN for Windows into an outstanding one. To make things easier for you, we made a list of features that you should pay attention to when out searching for a solid service.
- The Encryption Algorithm. No need to get “nerdy” here. Let’s just say that AES-256 is the best encryption the world’s finest programmers came up with. If the VPN for Windows you chose features AES-256, that means your device will be well-protected.
- Logging. Privacy is becoming the most valued and hard-to-keep thing in the 21st century. Nobody wants to worry about someone else watching his/her activity on the Internet and/or getting access to the private files. The Zero-Logs policy means your activity won’t be logged. Please remember that shady service providers aren’t always open about their logging practices and you should stay as far away from them as possible. A transparent company has no problem sharing its policy and practices.
- The Location Of The Provider. Different countries have different laws concerning data. Therefore, the physical location of the provider will have a huge impact on your experience with a certain VPN. For example, the surveillance programs in America turn it into one of the least-favored countries among the fans of VPNs. The government is allowed to order companies to give it access to your data.
- The Locations Of The Severs. As they say, a VPN for Windows is as good as the number of servers it provides. Yet, it’s important to note that it’s actually not the number of servers, but rather their location that matters. If the VPN has servers in dozens of countries, you can change your IP and get access to blocked content in the blink of an eye.
Now that we know what makes a good VPN for Windows 7, 8, and 10, let us check out the leaders of the race.
Searching For The Finest VPN For Windows
#1. VyprVPN – Private, Secure, Great For Torrenting, And Affordable
- Switzerland is the land of privacy.
- With the Premium package, you can protect up to 5 devices at the same time.
- Don’t worry about data – it’s unlimited.
- The VPN works with most popular operating systems.
- Torrenting is not a problem.
- Not the best choice for gamers
- Ad-blocking is not available.
- For the owners of multiple devices, a 3-gadgets limit on the Basic plan will be a big turn-off.
- The speed of the connection is not always even.
Switzerland is famous for its privacy laws, and with this provider, you won’t have to worry about someone getting access to your data. The users are free to choose between as much as 700 servers (they are located in 70 locations around the globe). VyprVPN has 200K IP addresses – perfect for switching with one single click. So, if Netflix refuses to let you watch The Punisher, with VyprVPN, that problem can be easily solved. The impressive Chameleon protocol goes around the government-issued blocks, giving you access to your favorite websites.
Fact: this company owns every single server from the list; no third parties are involved. The VPN client for Windows 10 is user-friendly and fast, easy to set up. After registration, the VPN will be available for free for 3 days.
- With the Basic package, you’ll get 3 simultaneous connections for $9.95 a month. If you go with the 12-year-long plan, the cost will be reduced significantly ($5 a month with a total of $60).
- With the Premium package, you’ll get 5 simultaneous connections, the Chameleon technology we just mentioned and a dedicated cloud. It costs $12.95 a month; but if you choose the 1-year package, the cost will drop to $6.67 a month (with a total of $80). According to the VyprVPN official website, Premium is the most popular plan.
#2. NordVPN – 4000 Servers, Comes With Double Encryption, The VPN Client For Windows 10 Is Fabulous
- The VPN client for Windows 10 is exceptional.
- Double Encryption works beautifully.
- 4000 servers at your disposal. Choose between super-fast and super-secure.
- The service protects up to 6 devices at once.
- Customer support is great.
- This VPN is torrent-friendly.
- The 30-day MBG (Money Back Guarantee) is a nice touch.
- You can pay with Bitcoins.
- Ad-blocking is not available.
- Same goes for trackers.
- It’s pretty expensive.
This provider is based in Panama and packs almost 4000 (!) servers in 57 locations, more than enough to pick from. Many professionals in the industry are calling NordVPN the finest VPN for Windows 10 as it works without a single glitch. Both speed and performance will bring a smile to your face; switching between servers won’t take more than a couple of seconds. The client is very friendly. If you need more protection than a regular VPN software for Windows 10 can offer, then the double encryption protocol will be right up your alley.
This company owns every single server, states a zero-logging policy, and comes with a Kill Switch. However, all those treats won’t be cheap. There is only one package available; the difference is in the plans.
- For $11.95, you’ll get VPN protection for only one month.
- The 1-year plan will reduce the cost to $5.75 per month (for a total of $69).
- The 2-year plan drops the price even further: $3.29 a month (for a total of $79).
- And finally, the 3-year plan will cost $2.75 per month (for a total of $99.00).
#3. ExpressVPN – Strong, Fast, Anonymous, And The Best VPN For Windows 10 In Many Regards
- The interface is super friendly.
- Encryption protocols are strong. OpenVPN is included.
- With ExpressVPN, you get access to servers in 94 countries.
- The standard 30-day MBG is there for you.
- Torrenting is not a problem.
- The users can pay with Bitcoins.
- Available on all popular platforms.
- It’s not cheap. Not even close.
- Ad-blocking is not available.
- You can only protect 3 devices.
- Timestamps and bandwidth are logged.
This is one of the most recognized and respected service providers in the world. Located in the Virgin Islands, the company is free of the notorious “14 Eyes” jurisdiction and puts privacy first. With ExpressVPN, your ISP won’t be able to track/read/log your traffic, thanks to the AES-256 encryption and OpenVPN. The list of available servers is impressive, and the combination of ease of use and high speed turns this VPN into a must-have. Streaming is smooth; you won’t have any trouble with it. Customer support is top-notch; the client is very intuitive.
Unfortunately, with ExpressVPN you can only protect 3 devices. It does work with most platforms, though. There are three subscriptions to choose from.
- The standard 1-month plan will cost you $12.95.
- The 6-months plan will charge you $9.99 a month (for a total of $59.95).
- And finally, the 15-months plan will cost only $6.67 per month (for a total of $99.95). With this plan, you’ll get 3 months of free service!
#4. IPVanish – Amazing Customer Support, Impressive Speed, P2P
- More than 1000 servers in 60+ countries.
- 24/7 customer support.
- P2P for torrenting.
- You can protect up to 5 devices.
- Arguably, the fastest VPN on the market.
- No traffic logs.
- It is based in America. You already know what that means.
- The 7-day MBG is a bit “greedy” compared to the 30-day guarantee that the rest of the services usually provide.
With this Phoenix-based VPN, you get the AES-256 encryption, unlimited bandwidth, and more great features. Performance is impeccable; the VPN is fast; unlimited torrenting is included. According to many customer reviews, this is a marvelous VPN for Windows 10 and many other platforms. Use IPVanish to bypass any restrictions and watch Netflix/other online services. However, there’s a big downside: the company is located in the United States, which means the legislation that allows the government to poke its nose into your private data is applicable.
This is something that you’ll have to take into consideration. Thankfully, the available plans are more than fair.
- To use IPVanish for a month, you’ll have to pay $10.
- For the 3-months plan, the company will charge you $8.99 a month (for a total of $26.99).
- And finally, the 1-year package offers the best value: $6.49 a month (for a total of $77.99).
#5. TigerVPN – Probably The Best VPN for Beginners
- This VPN is super user-friendly. Even a kid will make sense of it.
- Performance is solid.
- Can protect up to 5 devices.
- The 3-year plan is cheap ($2.75 a month for a total of $99).
- The client is a bit too “childish” to some users' taste.
- With the monthly plan, only 2 devices can be protected.
- The 7-day MBG is not a good color on this VPN.